- The organization previously known as the Challenger Learning Center of Vermont, Inc. (CLC/VT) since 2010 is now known as the STEM Challenge Initiative, Inc. abbreviated as SCI.
- The goal of the CLC/VT board was to build and sustain a Challenger Learning Center in the state of Vermont. That goal will no longer be supported by the new board.
- The goal of the SCI board is to provide affordable and meaningful STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) educational opportunities for the communities in Franklin and Grand Isle Counties.
- These opportunities may take the form of providing support for after school or summer school programs, grants to schools and other educational organizations, and develop relationships to further STEM education that will meet the needs of regional business.
- The thrust of the organization remains the same- provide high quality STEM education to the youth of Franklin and Grand Isle Counties.
The funding received for CLC/VT will be used to support the new mission. To read a letter to the generous supporters of the CLC – CLICK HERE